- This event has passed.
PEN101A21 Beginning Pen Turning
January, 2 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM$90
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”6″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]Pen turning is a fast, rewarding project and a great way to get comfortable with turning.
Instructor Jessica Ramírez will walk you through the safe use of the lathe and chisels and each student will make at least two 7mm slimline pens, with an option to purchase and make another pen or a pencil if time permits.
Custom pens make great gifts, too!
Prerequisite: None. Open to beginners.
Tools required: All tools and materials supplied by the school.
Please bring ear and eye protection and a safety mask.
Class size: Maximum 8.
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understand these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus. Effective May 26, 2020:
- We will be strictly limiting class sizes to no more than eight (8) students to allow for adequate distancing between class participants.
- All benches and shared tools will be sanitized before and after each class.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
- When entering the school, all students, instructors, and staff will have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—even if it is believed to be allergy-related—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.