Refund and Cancellation Policy
Every student of Southwest School of Woodworking is responsible for understanding the Refund and Cancellation Policy before enrolling. By enrolling and making payment for any class, you are confirming that you understand and accept the following Refund and Cancellation Policy:
- If you withdraw from a class within 20 days of the start date, there will be no refunds for any reason. PLEASE NOTE: This includes COVID exposure.
- However, if we are able to fill your spot, the school will credit your account the amount paid, less the $50 cancellation fee and the $35 nonrefundable registration fee. This credit must be used within 6 months from the date of the credit or it will be forfeited. However, the registration fee will apply toward all future enrollments.
- If you withdraw from a class more than 20 days prior to the start date, the school will refund any payment you have made toward the class, less a $50 cancellation fee and the $35 non-refundable one-time registration fee. However, the registration fee will apply toward all future enrollments.
- To withdraw from a class, you must send a dated request for withdrawal in writing via U.S.P.S. mail sent to 621 N. 7th Ave., Phoenix AZ 85007, or via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone or text cancellations are not accepted for refunds.
- If you withdraw from a class and are eligible for a refund, you may choose to have the money refunded directly to you (less the $50 cancellation fee and the $35 nonrefundable registration fee) or you may choose to apply the refundable amount to another class within one year from the date of withdrawal.
- If you choose to have the money returned to you, it will be refunded within 30 days of the written request and will be paid in the manner of the original payment.
- If for any reason the School must cancel a class, all monies paid for the class will be refunded in the manner of the original payment.
Every student of Southwest School of Woodworking is responsible for understanding the School Policies before enrolling. By enrolling and making payment for any class, you are confirming that you understand and accept the following policies:
- No smoking, alcohol, drugs, or firearms are allowed on the School property.
- No visitors, observers, family members, or pets are allowed in the School without permission from the Director.
- If you are on medications that could impair your judgment, you must notify the instructor before the beginning of each class, and you will not be allowed to operate power equipment.
- Videotaping of any class is strictly prohibited.
- Students are not allowed to work with spalted woods, exotic woods, or any materials that could be hazardous to other students.
- Students who intentionally violate rules or put others at risk will be asked to leave and will not be eligible for a refund.
- Each student is responsible for reading, understanding, and accepting all school policies and registration policies before enrolling in any class. This includes agreeing to the one-time non-refundable registration fee and the cancellation policy.
- Classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis as established by the date payment is received.
- Registrations, including online registrations, will not be complete until payment has been processed.
You acknowledge that woodworking is inherently dangerous and agree to take classes at your own risk. Each student must sign a liability waiver releasing the School and all owners, instructors, assistants, staff, sponsors, other students, manufacturers, and directors from claims or liabilities from injury, loss, damage, or death. Liability Waivers will remain on file and will be valid for all subsequent classes that the student may take. The signed waiver will remain in full force and effect in perpetuity unless and until rescinded in writing.