Portable Workbench Workshop
Open to All
No prior experience required
Every wood shop needs a workbench. But what if you don’t have a shop to put that workbench in? We’ve got the solution for you!
This clever portable workbench provides a roomy, sturdy work surface with slots for bench dogs and clamps, plus a bottom shelf to stash your tools. And when you’re done for the day, it folds up into a box the size of a large suitcase for convenient storage. It even has a carry handle.
Based on a great design from The Woodsmith Shop, this bench is perfect for woodworkers who live in an apartment or who need — or want — to move their woodworking base around, such as to a patio, worksite, or friend’s house. Just carry the box wherever you want it, open it up and you’ve got a shop!
Our Portable Workbench Workshop will get your woodworking off the kitchen table and help you learn some new skills along the way.
In just three days, you’ll make the entire workbench from a single sheet of plywood, including installing the hardware and smoothing out the edges for comfort.
You will learn how to:
- follow a plan
- process plywood
- cut out shapes and slots
- refine edges
- install hardware with precision
- and more
No prerequisite necessary. Class is suitable for beginners.
All tools and materials supplied by the school.
Please bring ear and eye protection and a properly-fitting face mask that covers your nose and mouth (valved masks are not allowed).
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understood these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus.
- We will be strictly limiting class sizes to allow for adequate distancing between class participants.
- All benches and shared tools will be sanitized before and after each class.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
- When entering the school, all students, instructors, and staff will have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—even if it is believed to be allergy-related—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.