Open to all skill levels
You do not have to worry about safety. Matt will teach you how to use the lathe safely.
Learn to design, turn, and finish beautiful turned-wood vessels using the lathe, with instruction from Matt Monaco — a modern master of turning.
In this three-day workshop, you’ll learn by doing as you discover the joy of shaping wood on the lathe and the finer points in the art of creating forms and vessels exactly as you envision them. You’ll make multiple bowls from start to finish and will be able to gain skills and confidence from Matt’s thoughtful guidance.
You will learn:
* Proper use and application of the lathe and tools
* The importance of tool sharpening
* Body positioning and the ergonomics of turning
* How to hollow and shape semi-enclosed vessels
* How to design and execute finishing details on turned vessels
* What makes a well-designed piece, considering both visual and tactile effects
* How to develop your own eye for form
Open to all skill levels. All tools and materials included.*