- This event has passed.
June, 30 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM$180
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”19″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]This beginner-friendly turning class will focus on techniques used for turning thin plates and platters, without using a vacuum chuck or fancy jigs. Each student will make two platters of different sizes and we will cover a variety of finishing options to customize your work.
You will learn:
- basic lathe safety and tools
- proper tool use for shaping and hollowing
- establishing and embellishing your rim
- sanding on the lathe
- finishing options
Prerequisite: None. Open to all skill levels.
Tools required: Tool kit supplied by the school.
Please bring ear and eye protection and a safety mask.
Class size: Maximum 6.
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understand these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus. Effective May 26, 2020:
- We will be strictly limiting class sizes to no more than eight (8) students to allow for adequate distancing between class participants.
- All benches and shared tools will be sanitized before and after each class.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
- When entering the school, all students, instructors, and staff will have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—even if it is believed to be allergy-related—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.
Meet Your Instructor
Jessica first started woodworking just a few years ago, but has quickly become an accomplished woodworker, with a special interest in turning. She has studied under Jimmy Clewes and other leading instructors and now teaches regular classes on turning pens, bowls, spindles, and other forms. She especially enjoys introducing new turners to the craft.
- June 30, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Event Category:
- All Classes