- This event has passed.
TAB101A21 Three Tables
January, 9 - January, 17 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM$665
Prerequisite: None. No prior skills required
Note: This class is held over two weekends, Jan. 9 & 10 and Jan 16 & 17
Improve your furniture-building and woodworking skills while creating this beautiful matching set of tables. In just 4 days (two weekends) you will build a total of three tables: a coffee table and two matching end tables that all feature veneered tops in your choice of cherry or walnut and the legs will be made of ebonized walnut.
This workshop is designed and taught by, master craftsman, Doug Forsha co-owner of De La Madera custom furniture shop in Scottsdale, and a veneer specialist who will guide you through every step.
In this beginner-friendly class, each student will start with a veneered panel in their choice of cherry or walnut and will learn to shape and miter-fold the panels to create seamless edges on the tabletops, using special jigs to simplify the process. The subtly shaped ebonized legs ebonizing solid walnut, which is a fantastic way to create a rich, dark luster in almost any wood. And the assembly of each table is simple but satisfying, leaving you ready to finish project
The final set is elegant and timeless, blending with almost any decor.
You can even customize the size of the coffee table to perfectly suit your space. Doug has designed this piece to measure 30”W x 48”L x 18”H, but you are welcome to make your table smaller or larger — up to a maximum of 34”W x 52”L x 18”H. The end tables measure 16”W x 20”L x 23”H.
To determine the optimum size for your needs you can use a large piece of cardboard to test your measurements in advance, allowing you to create a set just right size for your home.
Want to make a set for someone else? All the table legs detach for easy storage or shipping.
One coffee table measuring up to a maximum 34”W x 52”L x 18”H
Two end tables measuring 16”W x 20”L x 23”H
NOTE: Other than ebonizing the legs, finishing is not included but if time allows, we can apply the first coat of an oil finish.
You will learn:
– How to work with pre-veneered panels
– How to use router jigs
– How to create a miter-folds
– How to shape the legs
– How to ebonize wood
-How to prepare surfaces for finishing
You will use:
– Table Saw
– Band Saw
Tools required: All tools and materials supplied by the school.
Please bring ear and eye protection and a properly fitting face mask (valved masks are not allowed).
Please select your choice of wood, cherry or walnut, and coffee table size when registering:
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understood these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus.
- We will be strictly limiting class sizes to no more than nine (9) students to allow for adequate distancing between class participants.
- All benches and shared tools will be sanitized before and after each class.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
- When entering the school, all students, instructors, and staff will have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—even if it is believed to be allergy-related—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.