- This event has passed.
Table and Serving Tray with Doug Forsha
September, 5 - September, 6 from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM$425
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”20″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]New class! This great weekend workshop will help build your skills as you combine several woodworking techniques to make an accent table base with removable serving tray top. Designed by master craftsman Doug Forsha, the elegant walnut table is a beautiful addition to any decor, with tapered legs and contrasting stretchers made of curly maple. And the matching walnut serving tray features a reverse-box envelope veneer pattern, sloped sides, and a contrasting maple handle. The combination is both attractive and functional. Doug will lead you through all of the steps necessary to complete this impressive project under expert instruction in just two full days.
You will learn:
- Laying out and creating a veneer panel
- Pressing veneer
- Making a mitered frame
- Making tapered legs
- Square-chisel mortise and tenon
- Domino joinery
- Gluing up
- Preparing surfaces for finishing
Prerequisite: None. Open to all skill levels, including beginners.
Tools required: All tools and materials supplied by school.
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation Policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understand these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus. Effective May 26, 2020:
- We will be strictly limiting class sizes to no more than eight (8) students to allow for adequate distancing between class participants.
- All benches and shared tools will be sanitized before and after each class.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
- When entering the school, all students, instructors, and staff will have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—even if it is believed to be allergy-related—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.
Sold out! Please keep an eye on the calendar for another offering.
Meet Your Instructor
Doug and Rhonda Forsha established their custom furniture business, De La Madera, in Scottsdale in 1986. In the years since, they have built their business into one of the most highly respected woodworking studios in the southwest. Doug is a master woodworker and technician, expert in both traditional and ultra-modern furniture design and construction