- This event has passed.
SRP101A21 Sharpening Workshop
January, 19 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM$99
A keen edge is critical for getting the most out of your hand tools. But many otherwise talented woodworkers are lost when it comes to sharpening their own tools. Let’s fix that!
In this one day workshop, Master craftsman Doug Forsha will teach you what a sharp edge looks and feels like, how to prepare tools for sharpening, and how to safely grind and hone chisels and plane blades. You’ll learn the tools and techniques that you need to keep your tools in great cutting shape.
You will learn:
- What a sharp edge looks and feels like
- How to prepare your tools for sharpening
- What angles are appropriate for the edge tools
- Grinding chisels and plane blades
- Honing chisels and plane blades
Prerequisite: None. Open to all skill levels.
Tools required: Tool kit supplied by the school. However, if you have dull chisels, planes, or other edge tools, you are invited to bring them.
Please bring ear and eye protection and a safety mask.
Class size: Maximum 8.
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understand these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus. Effective May 26, 2020:
- All benches and shared tools will be sanitized before and after each class.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
- When entering the school, all students, instructors, and staff will have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—even if it is believed to be allergy-related—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.
Meet Your Instructor
Doug and Rhonda Forsha established their custom furniture business, De La Madera, in 1986. In the years since then, they have built their business into one of the most highly respected woodworking studios in the southwest. Doug is a master woodworker and technician, expert in both traditional and ultra-modern furniture design and construction.