Get more out of your router!
As you build skills with your router, you will soon realize that the possibilities of this tool are limited only by your imagination. In this class, we will learn how to incorporate a variety of jigs and other tools that can be used in conjunction with the router to bring your projects — and your shop efficiency — to another level.
Join master craftsman Raul Ramirez to why the router is the most versatile tool in the workshop.
This class is aimed at woodworkers who already have a working knowledge of router use or who have completed our Router Basics class and are ready to expand their skills by learning how to incorporate the bits, jigs, and fixtures that make this tool so incredibly useful.
But no matter what experience you’ve had with the router, you’ll leave this two-day class more confident and competent with this workshop powerhouse.
Each day will feature a mix of presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on practice — including jig making.
Bring your own router and bits or use ours. If you would like to purchase a router in advance of the class and would like some guidance on what to buy, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be happy to help.
You will learn:
- Router functions, use, and safety, including installing bits
- How to use cutters, collars, collets, and fences
- Design, construction, and use of basic router jigs
- How to make and use custom router bases
- Edge routing
- Pattern routering
- Inlay with the router
- Dovetails, sliding dovetails, and mortise & tenon joints with the router
Tools required: None required. Tool kit supplied by the school. However, if you have your own router and bits, you are encouraged to bring them. If bringing your own, we recommend bringing additional flat-head screws for your router in 3/8″, 1/2″ and 3/4″ lengths.
Please bring ear and eye and hearing protection and a safety mask.
Class size: Minimum 5, Maximum 9
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understood these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
- Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—even if it is believed to be allergy-related—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.