- This event has passed.
PEN101F21 Beginning Pen Turning
June, 26 from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM$95
Pen turning is a fast, rewarding project and a great way to get comfortable with turning. This class is perfect for beginners, but is also fun for those who have some experience.
Your instructor will walk you through the safe use of the lathe and chisels, then will guide you as you design and create your own unique wooden pen.
Each student will make at least one 7mm slimline pen, with an option to purchase and make another pen or a pencil if time permits.
Prerequisite: None. Open to beginners.
Tools required: All tools and materials supplied by the school. Class fee includes materials to make one 7mm slimline pen, with an option to purchase and make a pencil or a second pen if time permits.
Please bring ear and eye protection and a safety mask.
Class size: Maximum 9.
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understand these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus. Effective May 26, 2020:
- We will be strictly limiting class sizes to no more than nine (9) students to allow for adequate distancing between class participants.
- All lathes and shared tools will be sanitized before and after each class.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
- When entering the school, all students, instructors, and staff will have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—even if it is believed to be allergy-related—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.