MIL101G22 From Rough to Ready: Milling Rough Lumber
July, 9 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM$120.00
Milling is the process of machining rough lumber to your desired dimensions. Once you learn this process, you’ll be able to select any wood you want and mill it to your own specifications.
Otherwise, you’ll be limited to buying dimensioned lumber, leaving you at the mercy of the lumber yards. So unless you enjoy working with warped and twisted boards, or don’t mind losing thickness off of dimensioned lumber to remove those twists, you will find this a very essential skill to have.
You will learn how to:
- select rough lumber,
- prepare it for milling,
- control for grain orientation and dimensional stability,
- and prepare the lumber for woodworking.
Prerequisite: None. Open to all skill levels.
Tools required: All tools and materials supplied.
Please bring ear and eye protection and a safety mask.
Class size: Maximum 9.
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understood these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus. Effective May 26, 2020:
- We will be strictly limiting class sizes to no more than nine (9) students to allow for adequate distancing between class participants.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
- Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—even if it is believed to be allergy-related—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.