- This event has passed.
Elegant Cutting Board Workshop
June, 13 - June, 14 from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM$218
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”3″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]
In this fun two-day class, each student will make two custom cutting boards featuring ribbon inlays in a beautifully shaped maple base. These make excellent gifts and you’ll learn some great skills including bent lamination, advanced gluing techniques, and router techniques.
Skills practiced: Gluing up a wide surface, bent lamination, router techniques.
Schedule: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Prerequisite: None. Open to all skill levels.
Tools required: All tools and materials supplied by the school.
Please bring ear and eye protection and a safety mask.
Class size: Maximum 8.
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understand these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus. Effective May 26, 2020:
- We will be strictly limiting class sizes to no more than eight (8) students to allow for adequate distancing between class participants.
- All benches and shared tools will be sanitized before and after each class.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
- When entering the school, all students, instructors, and staff will have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—even if it is believed to be allergy-related—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.
Meet Your Instructor
Doug and Rhonda Forsha established their custom furniture business, De La Madera, in 1986. They have since built their business into one of the most highly respected woodworking studios in the southwest. Doug is a master woodworker and technician, expert in both traditional and ultra-modern furniture design and construction.