- This event has passed.
Matching Serving Tray and Cutting Board
August, 22 - August, 23 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM$213
New class! We’re all spending more time at home, so why not level up your meal preparation? In this fun, two-day workshop, each student will build a matching striped cutting board and serving tray that are perfect for entertaining at home or giving as gifts. Choose any combination of up to six different varieties and customize the layout to suit your taste. Wood selection includes: cherry, walnut, maple, oak, ash, and mahogany.
You will learn:
- Edge gluing
- Joining and Planing
- Router use
- Template routing
- Tongue and groove joinery
- Sanding and finishing
Prerequisite: None. Open to all skill levels, including beginners.
Tools required: All tools and materials supplied by school.
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation Policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understand these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus. Effective May 26, 2020:
- We will be strictly limiting class sizes to no more than eight (8) students to allow for adequate distancing between class participants.
- All benches and shared tools will be sanitized before and after each class.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
- When entering the school, all students, instructors, and staff will have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—even if it is believed to be allergy-related—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.
Waitlisted! Payment is required to join waitlist. You will be notified if a seat becomes available for you. Payment is 100% refundable and transferable.
Meet Your Instructor
Doug Forsha established a custom furniture business, De La Madera, in Scottsdale in 1986. In the years since, they have built their business into one of the most highly respected woodworking studios in the southwest. Doug is a master woodworker and technician, expert in both traditional and ultra-modern furniture design and construction.
- August 22, 2020@9:00 am
- August 23, 2020@2:00 pm
- Event Category:
- All Classes