- This event has passed.
Fundamentals of Traditional Woodworking I
July, 20 - August, 13 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM$627
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”12″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]
This hands-on course is for the beginning woodworker or anyone who wishes to review fundamental skills and get a solid foundation in hand-tool woodworking and competence with appropriate machinery and power tools.It is the first class in the three-part Fundamentals series and is the prerequisite for Fundamentals II.
We start by learning the basics of wood, tool use, and design, and by making simple tools.
You will learn: Workshop safety; the basics of wood and wood movement; the use and maintenance of basic hand tools (planes, chisels, etc.); how to sharpen edge tools; measuring and marking; and basic joinery. Exercises include through-dovetails, half-blind dovetails, half lap joints, and mortise and tenon joints.
Schedule: Four weeks of evening classes from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday for a total of 33 instruction hours, with additional shop time available as needed to work on the exercises.
Tools required: Tool kit supplied by the school.
Please bring ear and eye protection and a safety mask.
Class size: Maximum 8.
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understand these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus. Effective May 26, 2020:
- We will be strictly limiting class sizes to no more than eight (8) students to allow for adequate distancing between class participants.
- All benches and shared tools will be sanitized before and after each class.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
- When entering the school, all students, instructors, and staff will have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—even if it is believed to be allergy-related—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.
Sold Out! Reserve a seat in the next open class