Ready to move beyond the basics? The second step in our three-part Fundamentals series, this course builds on the skills taught in Fundamentals I and prepares you for even more advanced craftsmanship as you progress in your woodworking. This is a hands-on class, during which you will improve your skills through exercises and projects, concluding with a beautiful dovetailed bench.
You will learn:
- Safe use of power tools, including jointer, planer, band saw, miter saw, and table saw
- Hand-cut dovetails, through and half-blind
- Hand-cut mortise and tenon
- Shaping with spokeshaves
- Surface preparation for finishing
- Working to a drawing
- Marking out
- Gluing up
Schedule: Evening classes, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, for a total of 36 instruction hours. There will be additional shop time available as needed to work on the exercises.
Prerequisite: Fundamentals I or equivalent.
Tools required: All tools and materials supplied by the school.
Please bring ear and eye protection and a safety mask.
Class size: Maximum 9.
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understood these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus. Effective May 26, 2020:
- We will be strictly limiting class sizes to no more than nine (9) students to allow for adequate distancing between class participants.
- All benches and shared tools will be sanitized before and after each class.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
- Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—regardless of cause—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.