- This event has passed.
Display Wall Cabinet
August, 22 - August, 23 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM$350
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”7″ display=”basic_thumbnail”]
This weekend workshop features a functional and elegant Krenov-style wall cabinet featuring two interior shelves and a paneled door with a glass upper. In just two days, Master Cabinetmaker Doug Forsha will lead students through the construction of this wonderful piece that will not only add to your skills but will result in an heirloom-quality cabinet made of cherry, with veneered front and back panels of quartered eucalyptus.
You will learn:
- Lumber selection
- Cabinet construction
- Hinging a door
- Setting a glass panel
- Edge shaping
- Frame and panel door
- Setting a frame panel in door
Tools required: All tools and materials supplied by the school.
Please bring ear and eye protection and a safety mask.
Class size: Maximum 8.
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understand these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus. Effective May 26, 2020:
- We will be strictly limiting class sizes to no more than eight (8) students to allow for adequate distancing between class participants.
- All benches and shared tools will be sanitized before and after each class.
- All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
- When entering the school, all students, instructors, and staff will have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—even if it is believed to be allergy-related—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.
Meet Your Instructor
Doug and Rhonda Forsha established their custom furniture business, De La Madera, in 1986. In the years since then, they have built their business into one of the most highly respected woodworking studios in the southwest. Doug is a master woodworker and technician, expert in both traditional and ultra-modern furniture design and construction.