Did you know that woodworkers have the best parties. No?
Well, we definitely have the best-looking spread for our party treats, as this beginner-friendly class proves.
Join Master Craftsman Raúl Ramírez for this great weekend workshop making a beautiful Charcuterie/cheese board with four matching coasters, all with decorative inlays on a field of either cherry or walnut. All five pieces feature customizable stripes in a combination of maple, bloodwood, padauk, and walnut, and the larger board is further set off with a curving ribbon of maple weaving through the stripes. The effect looks complex, but is actually very simple to achieve — once you know how.
Each student will make a complete matching set with a serving board and four coasters, plus a magnetic block to store four serving utensils, which are included.
This class makes a great introduction to woodworking for the novice, but is also a lot of fun for more experienced woodworkers, too. You’ll practice band saw and router skills and will leave with a stunning set that is perfect for entertaining — or gifting.
You will learn:
· Design and layout
· Surface preparation
· Bandsaw use and techniques
· Router use and techniques
· How to prepare for a finish
Prerequisite: None. Open to all. No experience required.
Tools required: None. All tools and materials supplied by the school, including a four-piece set of serving utensils for each student.
Please bring: ear and eye protection and a properly-fitting face mask that covers your nose and mouth (valved masks are not allowed).
Please read and understand our Refund and Cancellation policies. By making payment you acknowledge that you have read and understood these policies.
PLEASE NOTE: In addition to our standard class policies, we are taking additional precautions due to the COVID-19 virus.
• We will be strictly limiting class sizes to no more than nine (9) students to allow for adequate distancing between class participants.
• All benches and shared tools will be sanitized before and after each class.
• All students, instructors, and staff are required to wear a properly-fitted mask that securely covers the nose and mouth while inside the school.
• When entering the school, all students, instructors, and staff will have their temperature checked. Anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will not be allowed to enter the building.
• Anyone exhibiting any cold or flu-like symptoms—even if it is believed to be allergy-related—will not be allowed to enter the building.
Thank you for your understanding.